The team at Classic Flyers would like to remind all our Kindergartens and Preschools in the region of our very own treasure trove of aviation history and heritage housed at Classic Flyers museum. Click here for more information
We have on offer two museum visit options aimed at your groups like yours. One is the standard museum only visit. The second is a museum visit combine with a demonstration of the Tauranga Airport Fire Engine. Both of these activities are a lot of fun and can be achieved in a morning visit to the museum.
- 9.30am Arrival at Classic Flyers
- 9.35am Welcome and Safety Talk in the main hangar
- 9.40am Guided tour of museum, site in a real plane, explore inside our Catalina
- 10.15am Ride on a Vintage Fire Engine
- 10.30am Morning Tea (bring own food & drink for kids) and play in Torpedo Park
- 11.00am Airport Fire Engine Demonstration
- 11.20am Free time in Aviation museum and Torpedo Park
- 12.00pm Lunch (bring own food & drink for kids) or return to school.
Morning tea or lunch is hosted in our Torpedo Park adventure playground (if wet the children can be seated in the museum hangar). Children will enjoy the Torpedo Park play area which has been extended and upgraded to stretch their imagination with its aviation theme. The fleet of peddle planes are also a popular activity with the kids out on the tarmac in front of the hangar.
Cost / Payment:
A combined Museum tour and Airport Fire Engine demo
is $6 per person
Alternatively a Museum only
tour is $4.50 per person
This set price includes adults and children alike (children under 2 years are free).
Payment is required on the day of the visit in the museum Gift Shop. We can invoice schools by prior arrangement.
Bookings are essential
so if this would be of interest to you and your children, we would love to hear from you. We understand your children are very young. With this in mind, we can adapt the tour to your requirements. Please discuss this with us at the time of booking your visit.
All queries please contact Garry or Sandra on ph 572-4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org